Saturday 10 May 2014

April Kona

My April Kona Solid of the Month club fat quarters from Sew Sisters are bright and springy.
Inspiration photo. Thank goodness no purple and green- probably my least favourite colour combo!

From top to bottom: Cactus, Carrot, Eggshell and Buttercup
The Cactus is much brighter and more limey than the picture captures. I don't mind the Carrot and the other two are so pale and unobtrusive that I don't have strong feelings about them at all!

Getting these solids does remind me to get my butt in gear and choose the solids for the Oh Fransson! Aviatrix Medallion Quilt that my friend C challenged me to do. I don't plan on rushing with that one. It will be a long, precise process. Maybe I can have the top pieced by the end of this year?

Lynn

3 comments:

  1. Oh the fabrics look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love those Kona FQ bundles! I'm pretty sure that Cactus was the first Kona I ever bought - and I still love it years later!

    ReplyDelete