Saturday 6 September 2014

August Kona Solids: Making it Work

My Sew Sisters Kona Solids of the Month fat quarters arrived! 
Inspiration photo. Does this mean I should drink wine when I sew with these solids?
The colours this month are mostly blues with one yellow thrown in.
Left to right: Daffodil, Cornflower, Grapemist and Windsor
The two lighter blues are almost indistinguishable from each other but I really like the dark Windsor colour. I thought that the yellow was the lemon of the bunch (see what I did there?). But I decided rather than lamenting about not liking the sweet yellow I should shop my (very healthy) solids stash and put together a solids combo with that Daffodil to make it work. I was channeling Jenn from Quarter Inch from the Edge when I did this.
From top to bottom: Sprout, Kale, Jade Green, Daffodil and Bright Pink.
Doesn't the addition of those tealy-greens and that bright pink make that Daffodil so much more appealing? 

Hooray for thousands of Kona solids! (Well, not thousands yet, but Sew Sisters might make it happen!)
Here's hoping for some of the new colours in the September bundle! (Ultra Marine anyone?)

Lynn

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you for making lemonade out of that Lemon! I agree that Cornflower and Grapemist are very similar... they could have thrown in some School Bus instead. I can't believe you're lusting after Ultra Marine. I had access to all 32 new colours on a recent fabric road trip and bought only one... Ultra Marine! :) Psst... I think you might have mixed up Sprout and Kale in your caption.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to get myself a Kona color card so I can drool over it nightly!

    ReplyDelete