Saturday 9 May 2015

At the End of the Rainbow: A Finished Quilt

A lovely co-worker whom I have known for many years is expecting a baby this spring. She promised to let me know as soon as she had her second ultrasound because she would be finding out the baby's sex. Alas, baby did not cooperate. At her third ultrasound she was eager to find out baby's sex and again promised to let me know. Of course, baby had other plans in mind. Now there are no more scheduled ultrasounds but a healthy baby on the way.

So what is a quilter to do? Why, make a gender neutral rainbow quilt of course! It is a small little quilt, perfect for some tummy time or for tucking around baby in his or her car seat or stroller. I think it is happy and perfect for any baby. I hope when baby arrives he or she loves it!

All these prints came from either my scrap bin or my stash. I love the grey and black rows- a bit unexpected in a baby quilt!

I straight-line quilted through each of the blocks using white thread for a simple design.

I used a Tim and Beck elephant print from my stash that I think works well for either a girl or a boy. The direction of the print is because I had yardage that would fit without piecing if I went for a sideways orientation.

I love those happy elephants!
I hope that my co-worker's tiny pot of gold gets lots of use out of this small but fun quilt!

Lynn

2 comments:

  1. Love this one! You make such lovely baby quilts! So many fabric treasures in there... and I really like how there are no repeated fabrics.

    ReplyDelete